Thursday, December 10, 2015

League of Extraordinary Kittens: Mina Harker and Dorian Grey

Mina Harker

Clad in black and sharp in tooth and claw, this girl kitten is approximately 8-10 weeks of age. She is a touch shy at first, but warmed up after a few minutes of sitting still she became curious and approached me. Within moments, she had climbed into my lap for cuddles and the booping of snoots. She took quite a while to examine me, and when she was done I started with the petting. And then the purring began. She is all black in coat with just a small cluster of a few white hairs at her throat.

"I feel a wonderful peace and rest tonight. It is as if some haunting presence were removed from me. Perhaps..." Mina Harker's Journal, 5 October 1891.

Dorian Grey

Dorian Grey is a Russian Blue mix with a coat like smoke. He is at first quite timid and was less brave than his sister. After the liberal application of cat treats, blinky eyes, cat toys and soft words, he finally approached me. His fur is amazingly soft. It took a few tries to get more that just a single pet. After another couple dozen minutes we settled into an amicable arrangement of gentle petting and soft purring.

“Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic.” The Picture of Dorian Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment